- Transfer fee is $30 per firearm, plus $5 back round fee. See our Firearms Transfer Policy,
Shipping and Receiving Firearms
- Shipping Cost – customer will have the option of providing a shipping label or have Gotham Firearms Training LLC prepare a shipping label.
- Need Packaging – we can provide box and shipping material for a nominal cost of $10 for most packages.
- Monthly storage of firearms is $30 per firearm
FFL TRANSFER PROCESS:
If you choose to utilize Gotham Firearms Training LLC for your FFL transfer process, please follow these instructions. These instructions are meant to be straight forward and we reserve the right to terminate any transaction that does not meet our requirements.
The requirements are in place to protect both buyer, seller, and our business. Any questions, call us for clarity don’t ASSUME anything.
Items that can be shipped to our business:
- Long guns, Hand guns, Receivers/Frames, NFA / Class III and related items
Items that can NOT be shipped to our business:
- Ammunition, Smokeless or Black Powder, Primers and or other hazardous products – if any of these items are shipped to us; we reserve the right to destroy these item(s) at our discretion.
Service Charges for Transfers / Storage of items
- Long Gun / Hand Gun / Receiver Fee(s): $30.00 for each transferable item
- NFA / Class III fee(s): $75.00 for each transferable item
- Items not picked up after 30 calendar days will incur a monthly storage fee of $30.00 per transferable item(s), starting on the 31st day and each month thereafter with a minimum one month charge. Gotham Firearms Training will not transfer an item until any applicable storage fees have been paid. After 90 days, items not picked up will be considered abandoned property unless prior arrangements have been made with Gotham Firearms Training (see Abandoned Product/Product Ownership section below)
- (Discount for multiple items being transferred in from the same location at the same time may apply, call in advance for details)
Seller must be either an:
- Active Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL Dealer) – FFL holder must forward a copy of their FFL to us (unless already on file). This can be done by sending electronically (EMAIL). If FFL is not received, prior to the transfer, we cannot complete transfer. If problems occur in getting the FFL from the shipper, the customer is responsible for contacting and making arrangements with the FFL to produce a copy of their FFL.
- Individual – Individuals must ship their firearm through a licensed FFL Dealer. Firearm shipments from non-licensees will not be accepted.
Guidelines for having firearms transferred through Gotham Firearms Training LLC:
- Let the shipping dealer know you wish to have the gun transferred through Gotham Firearms Training LLC. If the shipping dealer needs a copy of our FFL license, they can request one by sending an Email to email@example.com.
- Once the firearm arrives and we have entered it into our books, WE WILL CONTACT YOU. Even if the shipping carrier (FedEx/UPS/USPS) indicates your package has been delivered, do not assume the item is ready for pickup. Depending on business volume and when the package was delivered, it may take up to 72 hours for your firearm to get checked in.
Picking Up Your Firearm:
Once Gotham Firearms Training LLC has contacted you, please call to schedule your pickup appointment
Transferee MUST BE at least 18 years old to receive long gun(s) or at least 21 years old to receive handgun(s) or other firearms (including receivers/frames). Firearms WILL NOT be transferred to underage persons. Gotham Firearms Training LLC will NOT transfer firearms to anyone other than the person designated on the invoice from the shipper. In the event that a transfer order is incorrect, or a transferee is ineligible or unable to complete the transfer Gotham Firearms Training LLC is not responsible for returns/refunds or return shipping.
- Transferee will present their valid government issued identification – ID, Driver’s License, Military Transit Papers, Passport, Etc. Presented ID must be legible and or unaltered, not be expired and contain current address.
- Transferee will be asked to complete, sign, and date an ATF form 4473 in order to perform the regulated federal background check in order to disposition firearms.
Gotham Firearms Training LLC will process and submit the form 4473, conducting FBI federal background check called NICS. Once processed, NICS will issue a status. The following conditions apply.
- PROCEED – If PROCEED option is issued; once transfer fee(s) are paid in full, you will receive your firearm(s).
- DELAYED – If DELAYED option is issued; NICS was unable to complete the background check at that time. Gotham Firearms Training LLC will contact Transferee once a final response has been received from NICS. If we do not receive a final response from NICS within 7 business days, the Transferee can pick up their firearm after that time. If we receive a final response from NICS within that time period, we will call the Transferee and advise them of the final status.
- DENIED – If DENIED option is issued; Transferee will not receive product(s); however, transfer fee(s) are still accessed along with any additional fee(s). Gotham Firearms Training LLC is not responsible for returns/refunds or return shipping in these cases, though we can facilitate the return of the item to the seller once the seller and Transferee have agreed to terms.
Abandoned Product/Product Ownership:
Once a firearm transfer is received by Gotham Firearms Training LLC, will make reasonable attempts to contact the Transferee. If Transferee does not claim product or contact Gotham Firearms Training LLC to make other arrangements within 30 calendar days, or if the product(s) cannot be transferred due to NICS delay/denial, Gotham Firearms Training LLC may choose to ship the product back to the sender via COD. The COD amount will include any transfer fee(s), rescheduling fee(s), shipping and handling fee(s) – minimum $50.00 per item. If the sender does not accept the package, does not pay the COD amount, or the package is returned to Gotham Firearms Training LLC for whatever the reason, the product(s) will become property of Gotham Firearms Training LLC after a total of 90 days from the original date it was received. The Transferee will not receive payment for the product’s value, and the product(s) ownership and any value held is then transferred to Gotham Firearms Training, which may disposition the firearm at its discretion.